Holly Fox was a DJ in Vietnam admired by all the servicemen including Magnum, TC and Rick. While listening to the radio one day, Magnum hears a voice that he believes is Holly Fox.
Magnum hears a voice from the past in the form of a Mysterious and alluring Viet Nam Disk Jocky who seems to conj-or images of the ideal woman for every man who is listening. Now hearing that voice broadcasting from Hawaii under a slightly different name, Magnum goes to meet her only to discover that the reality looks nothing like the fantasy.and that not all of her listeners are fans!
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Jean Bruce Scott as Lt. Commander Maggie Poole
- Gillian Dobb as Agatha Chumley
- Gretchen Corbett as Holly Hudson / Holly Fox
- Stephen Young as Don Cassidy
- Ralph Strait as Ralph
- Raymond O'Keefe as Benny Bryan
- Joe Moore as Russ Griffith
- Devon Guard as Lori
- Nevada Woodward as Joanie Meade
- Mark Pinkosh as Biker
- The Holly Hudson character is not-so-loosely based on the pioneering New York City WNEW-FM (102.7) disc jockey Allison Steele (aka "The Nightbird"). In the opening scene, Magnum is listening to Holly's program on station 102.7.
- Joe Moore of KHON 2 News anchor made his second guest appearance in this episode.
- T.C.: Only someone who is tall, black and beautiful would call themselves a "Fox".
- Rick: Twenty bucks says you're wrong, even money.
- Magnum: Twenty bucks?
- Rick: Put your money where your mouth is. (smiles)
- Magnum: Well, I'm a little tapped out right now.
- T.C.: Now there's a news flash.
- Magnum: What with all the party expenses and all. I tell ya what, I'm expecting a check from a client, if you can trust me you got a bet.
- Rick: Ok, you're on.
- Holly Hudson: It's always been like this, even in 'Nam. Everybody had some idea about who I was, who they wanted me to be. They hear my voice on the radio, they think they know me.
- Magnum: They want to know you.
- Holly Hudson: No, they don't! No....they don't. They don't want to know me, Holly Hudson. They want to know some larger than life fantasy.
- Magnum: Kinda goes with the terretory.
- Holly Hudson: Yeah, well I'm changing terretories.
- Ralph: Mr. Magnum, thanks for the invite. This English ale's got the kick of a Molokai mule. And any time you wanna break into a place I'm guarding...Open sesame!
- Magnum: Higgins, don't ever sneak up on somebody like that, ever!
- Higgins: I was hardly "sneaking".