A Vietnam veteran from Seattle hires Magnum to find his girlfriend who came to Hawaii and then disappeared.
Magnum thinks he's been hired to find a Vietnam veteran's missing girlfriend but is really being used to settle an old score but is really being used to settle an old score in this gripping tale of revenge and deception.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Robert F. Lyons as Taylor Hurst
- Joanna Kerns as Mary Kanfer
- James Edgcomb as Lieutenant Ed Kanfer
- Kam Fong as Kam Chung
- Sonia Nilsen as Linda Greer
- Tommy Fujiwara as Hiramoto (credited as Tom Fujiwara)
- Linda Watson as Celeste Cole
- West Hogan as Donny
- Elizabeth Smith as Landlady
- Francine Van Den Bergh as Inger
- Dave Kimura as Yo Yo
- Kam Fong made his guest appearance, then he also played as Chin Ho Kelly in the original series Hawaii Five-O (1968-1980) and Joanna Kerns is a guest star from her sitcom series Growing Pains.
- Magnum's call sign in Vietnam was "White Knight". Ed and Taylor were "Castle".
- Magnum: Have we met somewhere before?
- Taylor Hurst: We were briefed together once, in Da Nang. Operation Chessboard, I was a medic in Castle Team. Your buddy T.C. flew us in.
- Magnum: Yeah, that's right. Our Teams never hooked up.
- Taylor Hurst: Well we got hit. Friendly fire, sort of.
- Magnum: The case had started off easier than I had expected. However, my first lead was hardly the place I wanted to find Taylor's girlfriend. You couldn't even trust the beer in a joint like that. (Narration)