Five little schoolgirls from Vermont ask Magnum to find their missing teacher.
It's the Christmas season, and against his better judgment, Magnum agrees to being hired by five young schoolgirls to find their teacher, who has seemingly gone missing after falling in love. While he's working on the case, Magnum manages to convince Higgins to let the young girls stay on the Masters' estate, but he's unaware that he's being deceived in a scam over a valuable painting recently purchased by Robin Masters.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Katherine Cannon as Linda Booton
- Lauri Hendler as Nancy
- Elizabeth Hoy as Lesli
- George Fisher as Boxer
- Al Harrington as Mano
- Shannon Brady as Carolyn
- Erin Ostrem as Darlene
- Pamela Piper as Melissa
- The title is from the song "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" from the Lerner and Loewe movie Gigi (1958) performed by Maurice Chevalier.
- Near the end of the episode, Rick mentions the Polaroid One-step as "that thing from the James Garner commercials. Larry Manetti actually played alongside Garner the same year in " The Rockford Files".
- Magnum: So far this case had cost me my right to the wine cellar, the last cash in my pocket, and nearly my life. If that clerk was lying to me, I was gonna come back down here and shove that Robin Masters paperback in his ear! (Narration)
- Little Girl: You shouldn't be punished for your passion.
- (To Magnum, with both arms straight down, after being locked out on a hotel balcony)
- Higgins: This is outrageous! OUT-RAGEOUS!!
- (Regarding Magnum)
- Higgins: If you'd given him a decent lead, he'd have blown it higher than a Chinese firecracker!
- Higgins: You starch your undershorts?
- Magnum: Doesn't everybody?
|Season 1 (1980)|
|Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii ♦ China Doll ♦ Thank Heaven for Little Girls and Big Ones Too ♦ No Need to Know ♦ Skin Deep ♦ Never Again... Never Again ♦ The Ugliest Dog in Hawaii ♦ Missing in Action ♦ Lest We Forget ♦ The Curse of the King Kamehameha Club ♦ Thicker Than Blood ♦ All Roads Lead to Floyd ♦ Adelaide ♦ Don't Say Goodbye ♦ The Black Orchid ♦ J. "Digger" Doyle ♦ Beauty Knows No Pain|