Magnum is hired by a new singer at the King Kamehameha Club to find her fiancé who is listed as MIA during the Vietnam War.
A new singer at the King Kamehameha Club who claims to have E.S.P. hires Magnum to find her childhood friend-come-fiancée Eric, a Marine who has been listed as Missing In Action since 1972, whom now she has started getting psychic visions of. As he investigates, Magnum discovers that Eric was a member of the top-secret 'Delta Section', and is refusing to come in from the cold until he exposes the division's activities to the press but is being pursued by a Delta operative who is determined to bring Eric in and keep him quiet, at any cost.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Jeff MacKay as Lieutenant McReynolds (credited as Jeff MacKay)
- Lance LeGault as Agent John W. Newton
- Rebecca Holden as Laura Frasier
- Francisco Lagueruela as Eric Tobin
- Remi Abellira as Moki
- Patrick Bishop as Attendant
- The term in the title "Missing In Action" is a status assigned to a member of the armed services who is reported missing following combat whether he or she has been killed, wounded, captured by the enemy, or may have deserted.
- Jeff MacKay appears for the first time in this episode as the much re-occurring Lieutenant "Mac" MacReynolds, a US Naval Officer that Magnum always manages to con information out of. (MacKay had previously been seen in the Pilot, as a different though somewhat similar character, Lieutenant Ski).
- It was never really confirmed whether "Mac" was really MacReynolds' first name, or just a nick-name deriving from his surname.
- Magnum: July 15th 1967, a lot of people said goodbye there.
- Magnum: Newton, I'm gonna ask you one more time and then I'm gonna blow your brains out the window.
- John W. Newton: Where's the letter to the Post?
- Magnum: I got it.
- John W. Newton: You give me the letter, I'll give you Laura.
- Magnum: No. You give me Laura and then I give you the letter. That's the way it works this time, because I've got the warrant.
- (Magnum points Colt .45 at Newton)