Luther Gillis is a private investigator from St. Louis who was hired by the father of a 16-year-old runaway girl to find her. At the same time, Magnum was hired by the girl's mother to find her. Can they work together?
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Gillian Dobb as Agatha Chumley
- Kwan Hi Lim as Lieutenant Yoshi Tanaka
- Eugene Roche as Luther H. Gillis
- Melora Hardin as Nancy Perkins Gillis
- Faye Cameron as Sister Rose
- Wallace W. Landford as Artie Keanu (credited as Wallace Landford)
- Gabriel Aio as Little Tony
- James C. Bertino as Bum in Jail / Scrungo (as Jim Bertino)
- Steven Perry as Policeman #1, in Hotel Room
- Robert L. Silva ass Policeman #2, in Hotel Room (as Robert Silva)
- Ford Austin as Orphan 2
- The building identified as "KEKUANAOA" was filmed at the Territorial Office Building in Honolulu (425 South King Street), built in 1926 and on the National Register of Historic Places (1978). This same shot will be used in several future episodes for the "Hawaii Metro Police" establishing shot (and others, like the "Circuit Court" building). The address is always the same, "465" (which is different than the current address of "425" today).
- While climbing a fence, Magnum is shot in the head by some bad guys. Luckily for him, the bullet only grazed his forehead (but he has headaches throughout the episode).
- This episode features a Mexican standoff, where three or more characters are simultaneously pointing guns at each other.
- (Luther & Magnum are riding in the Ferrari)
- Luther Gillis: Don't look so surprised, look what you are driving! How do you expect to lose a "tail" when you stick out like King Kong on the Empire State building?!
- Magnum: Like this!
- (Magnum downshifts and accelerates away from the tailing car)
- Higgins: I say Magnum, you look like bloody hell. Beatin' up again I presume.
- Magnum: No, I wasn't beatin' up.
- Luther Gillis: He was shot.
- Agatha: Oh, Mr. Magnum, are you alright?
- Magnum: I'm fine, Agatha. I'm fine. The bullet just creased my forehead.
- Luther Gillis: It's just a flesh wound.
- Agatha: Perhaps if you'd enrolled in Jonathan's kung fu class you'd be better able to defend yourself.
- Magnum: Against bullets?!