A woman from the mainland hires Magnum to find her brother who apparently joined a cult.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Gillian Dobb as Agatha Chumley
- Kay Lenz as Sally DeForest
- Christopher Mitchum as Eric DeForrest
- Hermione Baddeley as Bernice
- Olga Marr as Sylvia
- Terence Knapp as Sir Cedric Brooke
- Robert Nelson as Chen
- Jake Fuller as Chinese Man (credited as Jacob Fuller)
- The rarely seen wine cellar at the estate is seen at the beginning of the episode.
- Magnum is again seen picking a lock without a tension wrench. It is impossible to pick most locks without a tension wrench, and for others it is very difficult and time consuming.
- Higgins is a self-taught pianist and plays at the rehearsal level.
- Higgins: Since 1885, when Gilbert and Sullivan's immortal Mikado was first presented, the Three Little Maids have performed this song exactly as how I have taught it to you. In your hands ladies is a tradition stretching back to the glorious days of the empire. You too will uphold it, yes, even cherish it!
- Magnum: Once, when I was a kid, three older guys decided to beat me up for no apparent reason. I teld my own until a fourth showed up. And from that day on, I vowed that three was my limit, particularly when I didn't know what I was fighting about. (Narration)
- Rick: I am the Pirate King! It is, it is, a glorious thing to be the Pirate King! It is, it is, is!