Higgins is in a fencing match against a man he has hated for years.
Magnum struggles to prove Higgins' innocence after he becomes the prime suspect in the murder of his school nemesis.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Dana Wynter as Velma Troubshaw
- Paxton Whitehead as William Troubshaw
- Patty McCormack as Assistant District Attorney Carol Baldwin (credited as Patricia McCormack)
- Joshua Bryant as Keeler
- Nicholas Hammond as Clarke Troubshaw
- Michael Dennis as School Master (credited as Michael Norton-Dennis)
- Edward B. Randolph as Falkner
- Robert Medeiros III as Young Higgins
- Jamie Winpenny as Young Troubsaw
- This episode marks the first appearance of Carol Baldwin, the attorney friend of Magnum. Although she is portrayed by Patty McCormack here, the character became better known from later episodes, being played by Kathleen Lloyd.
- (to Higgins)
- William Troubshaw: Well, well, if it isn't John-John. Long time, old nob. You're looking well... well-fed, that is.
- Magnum: Higgins, this is fascinating. This guy Henderson and his wife, they opened up this wax museum by Pearl. Well, they brought her sister in as a silent partner. Well, one thing lead to another and...well, a month later Mrs. "H" disappears...Guess where they found her?
- Higgins: Magnum...
- Magnum: Guess...Come on, just guess!
- William Troubshaw: You've asked for the left position?
- Higgins: (silently nods in agreement)
- William Troubshaw: I don't care which side or which weapon you've got, John-John, I'm going to cut you to shreds, just as I always have.
- Magnum: Look, I don't care if you are protecting someone, as long as you protect yourself, too. Unless British honor demands that you get convicted of a crime you didn't commit!
- Higgins: Magnum, your understanding of honor is as solid as Attila the Hun's grasp of morality. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to finish my book!
- Magnum: Higgins, are you alright?
- Higgins: More appropriately, are you? Another torrid night at the "Boom-Boom Room" I presume.