Magnum wakes up one morning and finds he is back in 1936 and must solve a murder.
Time is not on his side when Magnum finds himself trapped in the year 1936 and working to clear the name of a union leader accused of murder.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Anne Lockhart as Brenda McCutchen / Cassie McCutchen
- Robin Strand as Young Drew Danforth
- Irene Yah-Ling Sun as Marissa, the Singer (as Irene Yah Ling Sun)
- Lee Patterson as Drew Danforth
- Rosemary Murphy as Marion Danforth
- Michael Hasegawa as Ito, Mrs. Danforth's chauffeur
- Earl Kingston as Maitre'd (credited as Earll Kingston)
- Bill Verdier as Dr. Trippett
- Harland Reed as Bartender
- Anne Lockhart is a gust appearance in this episode.
- This is the first episode to be directed by Ivan Dixon (Kinchloe on Hogan's Heroes). He will go on to direct 12 more Magnum episodes.
- Higgins: And now, if this interrogation is over, I have an appointment with a captivating mare.
- Magnum: My name is Thomas Magnum. I'm a private investigator. And I just dropped by to search your garden... for the missing gun. You haven't seen it by any chance, have you?