Magnum takes on the case of an old friend who's a pro surfer with an ex-husband trying to kidnap their daughter.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Cindy Pickett as Karen Teal
- Alexandra Diamond as Sandy
- Jeff Celentano as Larry (credited as Jeff Weston)
- Robert Apisa as Joe Soames
- Rosetta Tarantino as Leah
- Haleiwa (on the North Shore) is used as a filming location for several scenes.
- The blue and white chopper that T.C. flew for Ken Enderlin Charters is a Hughes 500-C, registered with the number N9267F. It is registered to Heli Logistics Inc. (Honolulu). It is a 1975 model, Serial # 1150778S.
- Magnum's three Tours of Duty in Vietnam are mentioned again, this time by Higgins.
- (to Magnum)
- Higgins: Your extremely limited capacity for pain never ceases to amaze me. As does the fact that you actually survived three tours of duty in Vietnam.
- (knock, knock)
- Magnum: Who's there?
- Higgins: Magnum!
- Magnum: Magnum who? (laughs)
- Karen Teal: ...I don't even have a sponsor. All I want to do is surf... and win.