Magnum helps a cocktail waitress from Cleveland who wants to place her father's remains on the battleship Arizona in Pearl Harbor.
When a woman is denied permission to scatter her late father's ashes at a Pearl Harbor memorial, Magnum delves into the past to investigate a decades-old court-martial ruling.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Gillian Dobb as Agatha Chumley
- Stephen Elliott as Rear Admiral Philip Wheeler, USN
- Beulah Quo as Mrs. Iko Tamura
- Gilbert Green as Vic Stout
- Gabriel Aio as Kimo
- Charles Faust as Seaman
- Ruth Lin as Receptionist
- Kathleen Lloyd had a reoccurring role as Assistant District Attorney Carol Baldwin in 20 episodes.
- Rick: I think I'm in love!
- T.C. (Checks watch): Ten minutes to ten. I wondered how long it'd take you to fall in love today.
- (Magnum pulls up in the Ferrari)
- Higgins: Magnum, there's nothing quite like the whine of a high performance engine to distrupt an absolutely delightful afternoon tea. How thoughtful of you.
- Magnum: Gee, Higgins, I'm sorry. I just didn't realize.
- Higgins: You didn't think, as usual. I suppose I should be grateful you didn't bring that... that... whatever she does back here.
- Magnum: SHE is a cocktail waitress and she's at her motel freshening up.
- Higgins: Of course.
- Magnum: Oh, how IS the tea going? Are you dipping scones and baking hot cross buns? (laughs)
- Higgins: The tea, save for your interruption, is smashing, absolutely smashing.