Magnum meets an old Naval Academy buddy and ends up delivering marijuana.
Magnum works to throw the book at a corrupt parole officer who is threatening an encyclopedia salesman recently released from prison.
- Tom Selleck as Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV
- John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
- Roger E. Mosley as Theodore "T.C." Calvin
- Larry Manetti as Rick Wright
- Stuart Margolin as Rod Crysler
- Ronald Hunter as Emmet Donner
- Ted Gehring as Herm Dunbar
- Carlene Watkins as Ms. Gordon, Parole Officer
- Robert Feero as Dolphie Crenshaw
- Robert Apisa as Mack
- Clay Wai as Tony
- Peter Bourne as Ray (credited as Peter Bourne Jr.)
- This episode features some nice views of the Hawaii Kai area of Oahu.
- "5-0" (from Hawaii Five-0) is mentioned again; T.C. says to Magnum, "I still can't understand why 5-0 couldn't chauffeur you around, man".
- There is a reference to Tom Selleck's 1977 TV movie Bunco with Robert Urich.
- Ted Gehring (Herm Dunbar) appeared with Tom Selleck in the 1979 television movie (and failed pilot) The Gypsy Warriors.
- Rod Crysler: Hey man, I'm so clean it smells good!
- (T.C.'s chopper is landing on a beach)
- Ray: You don't think that could be Da kine, huh?
- Tony: Yeah, definitely, brah! That's Da kine! The whirlybird express!
- (Higgins & Magnum are discussing the newlywed guests of Robin Masters who are staying at the estate)
- Higgins: The Baron sent word that he and Miss Elle would be leaving this afternoon.
- Magnum: They sent word!?
- Higgins: Yes, they havn't left their suite since they arrived on Thursday.
- Magnum: Five days!?
- Higgins: I just keep sending in food and drink. It's absolutely decadent.